Bike Walk Knoxville continues to work to build a more WALKable, BIKEable, LIVEable Knoxville by committing to the following programs/events:
- Advocacy - Bike Walk Knoxville is committed to advocating for all ages and abilities in the community to have safe and accessible streets for walking and biking. We provide resources to make communicating with your elected officials more accessible.
- Kids Love Bikes Program - Kids Love Bikes has 3 main goals: teach children bike safety, increase the number of kids riding bikes, and provide bike maintenance. Bike Walk Knoxville provides educational materials and contracts with an instructor to teach bike safety and skills to kids.
- Safe Routes to School - Safe Routes to School programs provide ways for school children to walk and ride bikes to and from school with their friends and volunteer adults in a safe environment.
- Tours with Elected Officials - Bike Walk Knoxville hosts Bike and Walk Tours with Elected Officials allowing community members to tour different Knoxville neighborhoods either on bike or on foot, while having a relaxed conversation with elected officials from Knoxville City Council and Knox County Commission.
- Vision Zero - Vision Zero is a grassroots campaign with a simple goal – bring the number of traffic fatalities and serious injuries to zero. Bike Walk Knoxville is thrilled to announce that City Council passed a Vision Zero resolution on October 19! This resolution is a significant milestone in bringing the number of fatalities and serious injuries on our roadways down to zero, and we are so proud of the Knoxville community for making this important commitment.
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Friendly Driver Training - Bike Walk Knoxville receives a grant from the Tennessee Highway Safety Office for a program which focuses on providing education to drivers about how to safely share the road with pedestrians and cyclists.